Sunday, August 19, 2012

Writing Journal

So Caleb's homework assignment this weekend was to bring home one of his composition notebooks and decorate it  for his writing journal. We needed to keep it very simple and flat due to wear and tear :o) Oh the things we could have done! I think it is still cute and way better than the way it looked before. Caleb picked out the papers and I went to work. I printed the "Caleb's Writing Journal" from my computer using one of my favorite fonts Bradley Hand at 36 pts in Bold, inked around it with some Memento Rich Cocoa and matted it on a piece of Recollections red cardstock, same cardstock was used for the spine along with some brown ribbon. The monkey paper came from a stack from Hobby Lobby called Cheekee Monkey, love that name! Fits Caleb perfectly with his love of monkeys, and he acts like one :o) The monkey faces are glossy!

Here is the finished notebook...


Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!
All four of my boys will be back in school starting tomorrow :o)

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment